- To develop students' mathematical skills in solving real-life problems;
- To develop students' confidence and interest in applying mathematics;
- To develop the ability to solve the practical problems logically, using the mathematical modeling of physical systems;
- To provide students with a foundation of mathematical knowledge required in scientific, technological and business studies at sixth form or beyond; and
- To love logical thinking, to accept careful work as important and to accept challenging work.